Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Introduction (a bit of history)

This is basically a blog to help me document my hives and beekeeping activity - a beekeeping log if you will. I'm a new beekeeper. I started in the spring of last year (2008). I partnered with a fellow beekeeper on 2 hives and we were able to catch a swarm in the summer bringing our total hive count to three. All of our hives are Langstroth hives and they reside on his property in Price, Utah (a couple miles from my home). All three wintered very well and are very active. We have not yet inspected them this spring as the weather has been nasty every time our schedules permitted - perhaps tomorrow. My father kept bees when I was younger and I didn't get involved much. I remember earning my beekeeper merit badge. I remember harvesting. That's pretty much where the memories end. More details to follow (maybe). 

No comments:

Post a Comment