Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Sting for breakfast.

I was watching my hive (Schampell TBH) this morning (like I always like to do). Just crouched near the entrance watching how much pollen was coming in. I had a tulip in one hand and a frisbee (for the dog) in the other.
One of the girls got stuck in the tulip and started to panic. Immediately a bee was frantically buzzing in my face. She focused on my mouth area for a minute as I calmly stood and walked away but then she moved to my eyes (which were shut). I took a sting near the right eye. After I brushed her offm with her stinger still pulsing in my cheek, she (or perhaps one of the others) proceeded to chase me all the way to the house.

Not sure if the bee stuck in the tulip was sending panic messages to the others.

1 comment:

  1. 24 hours later and not much swelling at all.
    Only slightly puffy around the eye this morning but not noticeable unless you really look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete