Wednesday, June 5, 2013

updates

Checked a few hives last night.

Apricot swarm/sun barrel - building nicely (and straight) I had removed the stabilizers because they were a bit narrow. I made them wider and put them back on. I'll have to be careful when opening this one, If the burr-comb to the lild, when I open the lid it lifts the frames.



wax scales dropped on the bottom of the hive


Very happy with this one.

Lilac swarm (deer repelant). this swarm is also building nicely. lots of eggs. very calm bees.

Rosier split. This is the box that had the queen. She is laying nice and they are building new comb. Lots of bees. This is how a split should be. I also cut out a bit of comb with eggs in it to put in my queen box. I cut out about a 4 x 1 inch chunk and just attached it as one piece to the queen box. 

Tree Cutout - I was worried this one was queenless. But I found her last night and she's even started laying eggs. :)

House Cutout - these girls are ornery! Jerry speculated that perhaps they're ornery because I tied their comb in 90 degrees out from the way they had built it in the house. They don't know which way is up. Possible. Huge colony. Tons of brood. Tons. Building lots of comb too. Almost filled 5 mediums now.


No comments:

Post a Comment