Monday, April 26, 2010

Weird mini cluster

While watching the bees in my newly installed TBH, I noticed that the bees had formed a small cluster on the bottom of the hive (under the screened bottom). Last night before I went to bed I shone a light up through the screen and saw most of the bees clustered in the area where I had hung the queen cage. There was also a small group of  bees clustered at the far side of the hive. Could it be the same bunch of bees has now moved to the bottom of the hive? Could there be a second queen? Why would they be there? There were also several bees tonight that seemed intent on driving me away from the hive. They didn't sting or even head butt me but they got in my face and stayed there until I walked away.

I've got video too but am unable to remember how to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment