Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One for the mountains!




I found out yesterday (through her facebook page) that a friend had seen a swarm of bees near her cabin in the mountains above Mount Pleasant. She had even taken pictures. The swarm was huge. HUGE!

I contacted her immediately and we made plans to go up after work to see if they were still there. We didn't know where they came from or even how long they'd been there.

I even arranged to get off work a couple hours early (I love my boss) Sadly, by the time we got there, they had moved on. We were sure could hear them in the top of a 50 foot pine tree above the road, but we could not see them.

To be honest, as much as I would have loved to catch them, I'm not sure my swarm catching hive was big enough for this swarm.

One for the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment