Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Midnight bees TBH inspection (brief)

Time: 7:30 ish
Weather: 80s slightly breezy

Drove out to the farm (Peczuh's) on my way home to check the bees. Lots of bees coming and going. They were noticeably irritated even before taking off the lid. Tylor got a sting to the side through her shirt.

Because of their current foul mood I only looked a bit in the north end. The 2 partial combs that have been drawn out on the north of the aluminum comb guide are perfectly straight. Happy to see that it's working.

The comb that had collapsed last time was now fused to the side/bottom. Didn't want to stick my hand in there today to get it out so it'll stay right where it is for now.

Peaked underneath to see if i could see anything. There appears to be some scratching in the screen bottom. Almost like something with claws was trying to get in. This might explain their moodiness. I Saw no scratching marks near the entrance at all. I'll have to watch this to see if it gets worse. If so, I might just close the bottom board.

No comments:

Post a Comment