Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Castledale Bee Tree

Had a chance to find the bee tree I'd heard about in Castledale (30 mins South of me) over the weekend. We were in the area and took a small detour to look for it. It wasn't hard to find. I had heard that the bees were very aggressive and that anyone walking near the tree was attacked. I didn't find this to be the case at all. I did see evidence though that someone (damn kids) had been throwing rocks at the entrance. And they wonder why the bees get ornery?! I should have asked the neighbors how long the bees had been living in the tree. Aside from the fact that there are bees living in the tree, it's quite an impressive plant all by itself. Huge burls all around. I'd love to get a few chunks off that tree when she finally comes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment